Welp, it’s almost Valentines Day. Whether you have a Valentine this year or not, there is no reason ANY holiday should pass by without a cookie dedicated to celebrating the day. Right?! And here is the recipe for the sweet treat we plan on making for the 14th. Super cute and inevitably tasty!
For the Dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
For the Filling:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- Small red sugar hearts, for decorating
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine.
- Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle surface where you will roll out dough with powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle rolling pin with powdered sugar, and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick. Make sure it does not stick
- With a 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 72 dough rounds.
- With a small heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts from the center of half the dough rounds.
- Place the rounds and cutouts about 1 inch apart on parchment -lined baking sheets. Bake until just set but not brown, about 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the pan slightly before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, butter, confectioner’s sugar, and pomegranate juice until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon filling on each round cookie and top with a cut-out cookie.
- Place a candyheart in the center of each.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.